FAQ » Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions


PARKING:  Available on the surrounding streets.Handicap parking is available in the circular driveway. Please do not park or drive into the staff parking lot.  This is reserved for buses and staff parking only.

LATE ARRIVALS:  Gates are locked at 8:10 a.m.  Students arriving after 8:10 a.m. time should report to the Office for a Tardy slip.  Continuous tardiness will be referred to the School Attendance Review Board.

EARLY PICK UPS:  Please try not scheduling appointments during the instructional time.  Each time a child is checked out early, the instruction of the whole class is interrupted. Students will be called from class once you have checked into the office to maximize your child's education time. 

AFTER SCHOOL PICK UP:  Please help us by being on time to pick up your child after school is dismissed. 

RAINY DAYS:  Students report directly to MPR for instructions.

STUDENT CHECK OUT:  During school hours, students must be signed out in the Office by parent, legal guardian or person(s) designated on their emergency card.

EMERGENCY & DISASTER RELEASE CARDS must be filed with the school office for every student.  Students are released only to the people listed on these cards in the event of illness or emergencies.

LUNCH:  The District lunch program provides a hot lunch for $3.00 daily, which includes milk or juice.  Menus are available on the District Website.  (District Late Policy states that late lunches should be delivered to the school office prior to 9:30 a.m.)

MEDICATION may be given at school ONLY IF A DOCTOR-SIGNED MEDICAL RELEASE FORM IS ON FILE IN THE  SCHOOL HEALTH OFFICE.  This includes over the counter medicines (including cough drops, vitamins, etc). Forms are available from the school office or under ENROLLMENT on our Website.

FIELD TRIPS:  Parent-signed permission forms are needed for every trip.  They may not be changed in any way.  Handwritten notes are not legally acceptable.   Students without a signed permission form will be placed in another classroom for the duration of the field trip.

HOME BAKED GOODS:  The state passed an ordinance which stated that no home baked goods could be brought into the classrooms for school parties.  According to the California Health and Safety Code #114015:  “(a) (2) No food prepared or stored in a private home shall be used, stored, served, offered for sale, sold, or given away in a food facility.  If you wish to bring your child’s class any food, please be sure that it is store or bakery bought and in a sealed container.

ATTENDANCE:  All absences must be reported by email, telephone or written note from a parent or guardian. Call 909-594-1820 Option 2, to report your child’s absence.  When calling, please speak slowly and clearly leaving your child’s name, grade, date of absence and the reason.  For email or written note, be sure to include your child's full name, teacher, date of absence and reason. Absences not cleared within 3 days from the date of return will be marked unexcused and will not be changed.